ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. REACH Policy Statement:
Directive (EC) No. 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and the Council of 18 December 2006 "REACH" (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization of Chemicals) was adopted in the EU. ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. is committed to the protection and the health and safety of its employees, customers, and the environment. ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. supports the goal of REACH which is to protect human health and the environment by ensuring safe handling of chemicals throughout their life cycle. To this end, ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. has implemented a REACH compliance program:
- We have appointed ZEON Europe GmbH to act as our "Only Representative" to fulfill the obligations of importers in accordance with the requirements of REACH.
- We have identified substances subject to registration.
- We have determined import quantities for each substance and have pre-registered through our Only Representative substances imported into the EU in a quantity of >1 ton per year.
- We have determined registration timelines for substances.
- We have gathered information from our suppliers about their registration intentions.
- We are gathering information on the "identified uses" of our chemicals.
- We are actively participating in Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEFs) through our Only Representative to share and gather data as required for submission of registration dossiers.
ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. has only pre-registered and only intends to register those substances imported by ZEON Europe GmbH. ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. will continue to monitor the program and the ensuing costs. If the market changes appreciably or costs become prohibitive, ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. reserves the right to withdraw from full registration at any time.
Customers importing ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. products into the EU and who desire to be covered as a Downstream User must provide their information to Friedhelm Thiel, ZEON Europe GmbH. The following information is required:
- Name and address of European importer
- List of ZEON CHEMICALS L.P. products imported into the EU
- Quantity of products imported
- Identified use of products (only chemicals)
The information can be emailed to Mr. Thiel at Friedhelm.Thiel@zeon.eu. Hard copies may also be mailed to:
ZEON Europe GmbH
It is a privilege to supply quality products while ensuring regulatory compliance throughout our supply chain. REACH compliance is only one part of our robust product stewardship program. If you need specific information regarding REACH or any other chemical regulatory requirement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Michelle Baker, CHMM
Product Stewardship Manager